Monday, September 26, 2005

Heading toward cardiac arrest

It seems at times that we are fighting with God over Denise.
Things are still quite bad this evening. I had to come home to eat during the shift change. Earlier today my aunt asked the doctor what we can expect. It seems that the conditions and numbers are heading toward cardiac arrest. Could be today, tomorrow, a week... no telling.
The Dobutimine has had some positive effect, but I don't know that it would be enough to turn this around.
Denise is on Ativan and morphine now. She will wake once in a while for a few seconds. I did get some kisses & some important words with her. I asked her if she was scared and today she shook her head to indicate "no." I told her that her heart is weak, the deck is stacked against us (but there are always wild cards), and we might lose her. Our pastor from Lake Avenue Church came over (he's been coming over a lot during our ordeal) to pray. Even though she indicated days ago that she wanted serene, mellow music, I played one of her favorite Twila Paris albums that's a little upbeat. When asked if she liked it playing, she nodded "yes." The respiratory therapist snuck a little orange juice onto Denise's mouth swab tonight.
They were just about ready to finish dialysis when I left. They may take Denise for another fancy scan to try to find any infections. They're still throwing everything at her that they've got.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...